Jaguar Canada unveiled the new XF at a special unveiling today at Toronto’s Liberty Grand. The new Jaguar XF is a bold new design for Jaguar and it’s a car that is relaxed confident, with outstanding ability and control.
True to the Jaguars philosophy of creating distinguished fast cars, the XF goes further. The four-door XF has the visual excitement of a coupe, but room inside for five adults to enjoy an interior that is contemporary in style, yet uniquely Jaguar.
“This is the New Jaguar” said Gary Moyer president, Jaguar Canada, “The well-equipped 2009 XF sedan will go on sale March 1, 2008 at an MSRP under $60,000 with a standard V8 engine.”
XF pricing is very aggressive for this type of luxury and comes with a range of options despite the standard feature specifications and extensive use of advanced technologies.
“The 2009 XF showcases Jaguar’s leadership in automotive design, with stunning craftsmanship, quality and dynamic refinement, while offering exceptional standard equipment and exciting advanced technology,” adds Moyer. “This groundbreaking sedan is proof that Jaguar is moving boldly into the future with seductively-designed cars that are head-turning and of the highest quality.”
The introduction of the XF signals a dramatic new design and engineering direction for Jaguar. Challenging convention and setting its own rules, the new Jaguar XF fuses the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a modern luxury sedan.
The 2009 XF will be priced starting at $59,800 MSRP for the V8 Luxury model. The V8 Premium Luxury XF will have a base MSRP of $65,800. A Supercharged XF with its 420 horsepower engine will retail for $77,800 MSRP. All prices do not include a $1,195 destination and delivery charge. Tax, title, and registration fees not included.
NEW JAGUAR XF KEY POINTS -
- Three trim levels will be offered in the North American market - Luxury, Premium Luxury and the 420hp Supercharged model.
- The XF is a four door Jaguar that combines the style and performance of a sports car with the refinement, space and sophistication of a luxury sedan.
- Class-leading torsional stiffness delivers refinement and dynamic performance - underpinning the driver-focused yet remarkably comfortable driving experience.
- The XF will be available at launch in the North America with two different engines - 4.2-liter naturally-aspirated V8 and 4.2-liter supercharged V8 - all featuring Jaguar’s proven six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddles as standard in the XK sports car.
- With its dramatic styling, powerful yet beautiful lines and a distinctive face, the XF is the first sedan to exemplify Jaguar’s new design language.
- Using only the finest materials, which are applied in a very contemporary way, the XF’s interior is crafted to create a truly warm and bespoke environment
- Challenging convention, the XF offers sophisticated instrumentation and intuitive technologies. Upon entry, the start button pulses, like a heartbeat. Start the engine and the JaguarDrive SelectorTM rises into the palm of the hand, while rotating vents turn from their flush, ‘parked’ position to their functional open position.
- The coupe-like lines of the XF (which are similar to the XK’s) belie the amount of space inside: there is room for five adults in comfort, generous interior stowage and a trunk capacity of 17.7 cu. ft., plus the opportunity to fold down the rear seats and add a further 14.8 cu. ft.
- Key driver aids on the XF include Electronic Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Anti-lock Braking System, Dynamic Stability Control, Cornering Brake Control and Engine Drag Torque Control. And, for the first time in a Jaguar, Understeer Control Logic which decelerates the car and helps to restore grip to the front wheels when required.
- Jaguar-exclusive Bowers & Wilkins 440-watt Surround Sound System is available on Premium Luxury and Supercharged trim levels.
- The first cars will be delivered to Canadian customers in March 2008.